You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘ghosts’ tag.
It was Wednesday, May 23, 2012. The skies were darkening, a threat of severe weather imminent, as people lined up around the block to see the world premiere of Christopher R. Mihm’s B&W 1950s drive-in-style B-movie, House of Ghosts.
We had a sold-0ut show, with just a few scalpers out front selling available-at-the-last-minute tickets.
My gown cost me $6.99 at a Goodwill store! I borrowed a genuine antique brooch from my friend Carol Johnson. Many enthusiastic fans arrived in vintage clothing of their own, and they deserve some runway recognition.
A neat ghostly event happened last night, as we finished our “House of Ghosts” shoot. (That’s the B&W 150s-style B-movie by Christopher R. Mihm we’ve been filming at our house.) At 7:35 p.m., during the shoot, TWO of our pendulum clocks just stopped. The big grandfather clock in the living room was one of them, and that has NEVER just stopped before. Since it was that one and Anthony’s deceased mother’s clock in the parlor, and since she’s known for doing that occasionally to let us know she’s around, we’re guessing it was she who was saying she was watching the final scene with her kid. A nice send-off, don’t you agree?
Remember to get in your RSVPs for our Open House of Ghosts. You can meet these mystical, magical clocks in person!
Friends of the Mihmiverse,
you are cordially invited to attend the
Open House of Ghosts
Whether you’ve been on screen, behind the scenes, or in the audience at a Mihm movie, please join us on-site for an open house party on Friday, Dec. 30, 2011, from 5–9 p.m. at the historic South Minneapolis Victorian home where Christopher R. Mihm’s latest major motion picture, “House of Ghosts,” was filmed.
What’s in it for you?
• Meet and greet the director himself, as well as cast members from this and many of his earlier movies at this unprecedented Mihmiverse mini-reunion.
• “Audition” for a walk-on role in an upcoming movie by re-enacting a scene from one of his movies with the actors present or take the Improbable-Dialogue Memorization Challenge.
• Shop for Mihmorabilia—and get it all autographed.
• Pre-order your “House of Ghosts” DVDs and/or reserve your collectible tickets for its May 23, 2012, premiere event at the Heights Theatre.
• Bring along friends or family members who’d like to check out the perks of becoming an associate producer.
• Hors d’oeuvres, soft drinks and desserts will be served.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by Dec. 20 to get the address and directions to the house. For more information, contact Christopher R. Mihm at email@example.com or Sid Korpi at firstname.lastname@example.org.